Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So midterms went well.  I was the second highest in my Physics class with 22/25 and the average was 11 (our class had the highest average).  Economics my teacher told me I could have done better - I got a 100.  Psychology was a 32/35.

The school has had a football tournament going on for a couple weeks now where each country could have a team.  Today was the semi-finals: Nigeria vs Azerbaijan and Cyprus vs Iran.  Nigeria and Iran came out victors (I had hoped for Cyprus after their last couple matches I watched) but Nigeria is my favorite seeing as my friend is the goal keeper.

And I am starting to know to many people on this campus.  What was a 15 minute walk when I arrived has become a 30-45 minute walk due to stopping and talking.  My friends on Facebook are slowly growing as people manage to find me or force me to add them (sorry if random Arabic posts pop up).

I also recently broke down and bought this chocolate like spread that people like putting on their bread here.  I must say, that even as odd as it seemed at first, its delicious.



Monday was a holiday (not sure why, not really complaining) so naturally I decided to not sleep and walked to the beach at 5 am instead to watch the sun rise.  Sadly clouds blocked the bottom but only for a bit and then I got to watch the rest.  I then ventured out into the water a bit (surprisingly warm unlike American beaches) only to find that after it got waste deep it started rising again.  Oh ya, and the pool at the beach club has been filled so hopefully will be putting that to use also soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a grand ole time over there! School is winding down over here..Finals next week! Don't think they will go as well as your midterms though lol Congrats on the great grades though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see some pics from the games and of the sunset!! Oh yeah, and don't drown. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually know where Azerbaijan is (thanks History class!). The picture of the pool at the Beach Club is amazing! I would be there every day....but not you, cause you shouldn't miss class! I agree with Heather, pictures of the games would be great. Would you be able to bring some of the chocolate like spread home?

    ReplyDelete