Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I finally made myself stop in the health center today seeing as I walk past it every single day when I go to eat/class/anywhere since my dorm is in the corner of campus. After ~15 minutes of attempting to explain what shadow means (apparently this term does not exist whatsoever in Turkish) they told me to wait until 12 (hour) to see the doctor of internal medicine (closest I could get to cardio). After waiting for him and once again struggling to convey what I wanted, he happily said he would love an assistant if the director would let him and even suggested rounds of all of the departments at the health center (more of a mini hospital than nurse). Only problem was director was out for another hour so had to wait again....and attempt to explain...again. Finally at the end I got an "ok" and then had to have them explain what "ok" meant....but I can come and go whenever I please and shadow whomever I want.

3 comments:

  1. This should prove to be very interesting. Can't wait to read about your experiences with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Finally something to fill the void. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. This is so awesome!! Look at you being proactive. This will be super helpful in your career when you get stranded somewhere without all the fancy equipment. You'll know how to do it the "old-fashioned" way :) SUCH a great experience!!!!!! But don't get any weird diseases. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete