Friday, March 16, 2012

Wednesday I had my second day of shadowing. I got to see some more interesting cases such as one person who has lupus and another individual who had an irregular sound in his heart beat. So far it is all going great and should prove to be an interesting semester following this doctor (and maybe a day or two in the other departments). Thursday I had dinner at Firdavs again and his roommates made a delicious dish called maklube. The center was rice with meat and potatoes and then the outside switched back and forth from salad (very different from American salad) and yogurt. And, like any Turkish meal, bread and orange fanta on the side. It was a very enjoyable night as his roommate had also invited his 3 friends from preparatory school (pre-university for people who cannot speak English since courses are taught in English) and they tested their ability to ask questions and understand the answers.
Today started out boring but I am now writing this blog from a new room with a new roommate...without mentioning to my old roommate I was moving...oops.

3 comments:

  1. 2 questions:

    1. Is this a real picture or an internet picture?
    2. Who is your new roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get the picture his roommate took so hopefully will change it later. Currently that is internet but looks the exact same. My new roommate is Ash, the Egyptian I met while walking to my dorm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also - some of the older posts I added photos too, dunno if it tells you they were edited or not.

    ReplyDelete