Friday, May 4, 2012

So I had to wake up at 7 am today, the day I normally get to sleep in, for my 3rd trip to the bank.  On Monday I made my second trip.  Unfortunately for that trip I looked at the wrong half of the bus schedule and would have had to wait an extra hour for the bus if I had not run into my Iranian friend who offered to share a cab since he lived near the bank.  When I got there, the manager told me I had to come back Friday (even when he then said my card was at the bank but did not know why I could not have it. Still a little confused about that).

So today I caught the bus, got dropped off across the street from the bank, and got my card back, quick and painless.  I then waited for the bus to finish its loop and come back to where it dropped me off.  Apparently it did not drop me off at the actual bus stop though because it stopped up the road where I could just see but had no chance of getting to it, and it then proceeded to drive right past me with the driver completely ignoring me.  A little bit down the road (as I started walking back to school) I saw another student who the bus ignored so I walked back with him, and so goes the story of how I met Benny the Nigerian.

Today I also had to turn in my passport for the second time (they are still trying to get all of my information), and got my EMU ID card (6 weeks before I leave).

Main mosque in Famagusta

Main round-about (mosque is to left, big walmart like store is down road to forward-left, havent been down road to forward-right, castle-city is to right, school is to left, water fountain in middle)


Just found this photo on fb, apparently the Kurgis girls have pictures of me.  This is in Girne (2nd day I was here, still delirious and did not have camera, hopefully going back - there is a rumor there is Dr. Pepper there)

Sunrise at the beach and my roommate attempting to pick up water to throw at me.


Not sure what other photos I have not put up yet, might be more in a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I love love love this post. Good one.

    Some pictures I'd like to see:
    -sneak one in class one day?
    -cafeteria (some options for each meal)
    -a picture like the last one here, but with YOU in it! It's GORGEOUS.
    -pictures of you with your friends
    -pictures inside the cafes and other places you hang out

    I like the picture of Girne. I want to go there. Looks like you're quite the ladies man :)

    Glad you got your card back. And glad you met Benny to keep you company on the long walk back. You are an awesome world traveler!

    ReplyDelete